ANCHORAGE – July 21, 2021- The Alaska Chamber honored individuals and companies for their achievements in business at the organization’s annual Premier Business Awards.
The 2021 winners are:
BILL BIVINS SMALL BUSINESS: Alaska Meat Company, Kodiak (Sitkinak Island)
The Bill Bivins Small Business award recognizes a company with fewer than 100 employees that shows community involvement and enjoys a strong business reputation. The company must have been in business for three years or more and be viewed as a leader in its profession. It must be headquartered in Alaska.
Alaska Meat Company was selected for several reasons:
• Even though active operations on the remote island ranch occur only seasonally and in a location with no community members, the owners of Alaska Meat Co. stay actively involved in Kodiak and mainland Alaska’s communities, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The owners partner with local organizations, donate, and make time to network and visit.
• Alaska Meat Co. is a leader in its field. Their cattle are raised, processed, and shipped directly to Alaska consumers without changing hands. Vertical integration of the supply chain, locally driven demand, and sustainable agricultural practices with zero additional inputs (supplemental feed, antibiotics, etc.) aren’t factors many companies can boast about.
• Alaska Meat Co. has achieved success while maintaining integrity and building a lasting, positive reputation in Alaska through partnerships with local organizations and involvement in rural communities.
• The company consistently offers to connect with and educate the community about ranching practices on Sitkinak Island. Alaska Meat Co.’s practices are not only sustainable for their cattle and local wildlife, but also culturally sensitive.
• Alaska Meat Co. was nominated by Mindy and Jennifer with Kodiak Island Housing Authority.
About the Alaska Chamber
The Alaska Chamber is a non-profit founded in 1953 working to promote a positive business environment in Alaska. The Chamber is the voice of small and large business representing more than 700 businesses, manufacturers, and local chambers across Alaska. Our member companies employ more than 55,000 hardworking Alaskans. The Chamber advocates for a positive investment climate that provides certainty and stability for Alaska. More information about the organization is available at www.alaskachamber.com.